War Room: Prayer is A Powerful Weapon

Pages:  424

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Tyndale House Publishers

My rating is 5 stars.

Unlike some people, I didn’t go and see the movie mainly because I love reading a book.  I feel as though I gain more from a novel than a movie.  While it isn’t a strict rule for me to read the book prior to seeing the movie adaptation, with War Room I sensed a special tale. Therefore,  I would want to add ca copy of the book  to my home library to read again or pass down to the next generation.

What I liked most about the book was there wasn’t a pattern or prescribed way to pray shown in the book.  What was revealed was how an elderly woman learned the hard way in her youth that prayer is something very special, holy even, which shows through our daily living without effort on our part.  I liked how the book showed that the Lord loves to hear from His children and He alone gets all the glory.  He loves to transform us more into the image of His Son, which requires us to know how much we cannot do in our efforts.

I believe another strong thread is how God wants to strengthen family units through prayer so that the real enemy, the devil, doesn’t get to split us up.  Another beautiful aspect was how the daughter of one family in the book noticed the change in her mother and wanted to learn to pray and journal.  The journaling was special and it is a conversation which is only between the writer and God.

Plus there is having the ability to remember how God has answered previous prayers when prayers are answered.  In the journal, there wasn’t just a request being made but Scriptures being written out that reminded the prayer warrior of Who God is and who we are as well.  Sometimes it is easy to think we carry a responsibility that God alone is to carry, and He wants to do more than we can ever ask or think about when we pray.

Honestly, I had some hesitancy in approaching the book, wondering if there was a formula inside or if I would walk away feeling convicted or chastened.   I really came away more hopeful, with the remembrance that we are to train the next generation and some ideas to incorporate in my own walk with the Lord.  As I read, I realized the devil was whispering doubts in my heart and I was a fool to listen and believe him.  Now, I am free to embark once again on the journey God has for me.  I really hope and pray that you will join me in 2016 however God leads you to walk with Him.  Remember our focus is to please Him and Him alone not anyone else.  So what do you say?  Shall we embark together?