Untamed (A Fool’s Guide to Surrendered Faith)

Title:  Untamed (A Fool’s Guide to Surrendered Faith)

Author:  Jason Clark

Pages:  240

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Destiny Image

My rating is 4 stars.

When I perused through the book to get a sense of what I was about to read, I noticed right off it was written with transparency along with humor.  As I looked at pages, there were frequent breaks in each chapter that made being able to put the book down to contemplate what one had read was a definite bonus.  As readers learn from Jason’s walk with the Lord, it would be a good idea to remember that this is the author’s walk.  What Jason is sharing is what he learned and how God longs for us to be encompassed by His Person.

The endnotes at the end of each chapter show some very interesting books readers might consider for further study.  The picture on the book really shows how we are called to rely on God and God alone in all areas of life.  In order for that to be our reality, we have to let go and surrender all of us to Him, looking to God alone and not relying on ourselves.

No matter whom the author is readers should always read discerningly as only the Bible is divinely inspired.  Plus ask the Lord what He would have be a part of your life with God.   Wherever He is working in your life ask how you can join Him instead of asking Him to bless plans you have already made.  When I read nonfiction books, I try to glean what the Lord highlights for me and let go of the rest.