Title:  Complete Jewish Bible (New International Version, Side-by-Side Reference Edition)

Author:  Hendrickson Publishers

Pages:  2129

Year:  2011

My rating is 5 stars.

I wonder if you’re asking yourself if this is a review of another Bible or perhaps if you need another Bible.  Maybe you’re wondering what’s unique about this one other than a different version alongside the New International Version.  I want to share the reason why I bought myself this Bible.  Like most people in the United States I own more than one Bible.  I absolutely love studying His Word and different versions help bring forth various aspects that I would miss if I just read the same one repeatedly.

While doing various studies I came across a Messianic Jewish teacher who really opened my eyes to the richness of the Word I was missing by just reading an English translation whether NIV, NASB, HCSB, KJV, etc.  This author is a gifted expounder and really challenged my heart to consider the depth of the Word.  Recently, I was just perusing Amazon when I came across this Bible and read some of the reviews.

Having taught Bible studies or mentored for almost 36 years I found my hunger growing and my desire to go deeper.  Here is a Bible in English with a Jewish Bible on one side and the NOV on the other.  In the back, there is a glossary of terms for any words left in the original language translated to English so readers can look up terms to understand what they are reading.

There are no cross-references, no commentary at the bottom of the pages and very few footnotes.  Here is Bible that helps Non-Jewish people to gain a richer experience of the Scriptures unlike anything else.  As I have been using it to study, my heart has been touched, my walk with God enriched and my desire to grow expanding by leaps and bounds!

My husband loves my Bible.  When I showed it to him, I almost didn’t get it back!  My sons are intrigued and plan to get their own copies.  All I can say is and ask is that you grab a copy and sit down just to read the Complete Jewish Bible and see if you aren’t stirred to learn more about Him!