A Miracle of Hope (An Amish Wonders Novel #1)

Title:  A Miracle of Hope (An Amish Wonders Novel #1)

Author:  Ruth Reid

Pages:  352

Year:  2014

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating is 5 stars.

One of the best aspects of the series is there is a riveting story in each novel filled with suspense, romance, faith, heart break and redemption.  In this first book, a young woman has a marriage arranged by her brother who doesn’t know what happened one night when his sister didn’t come right home after the singing gathering.  When Lindie turned up pregnant, her brother arranged for her to leave Ohio and marry a complete stranger in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

At first Lindie and Josiah enter marriage as a commitment with boundaries that only these two know about.  The closer it comes to Lindie’s due date the more Josiah looks sickly and is afraid a past illness has resurfaced.  Now, will they both enter these trials believing God can heal and deliver them or will their faith crumble?

I really was captivated by the story and eagerly anticipate reading the next two books in the series.  While the following book isn’t tied together to book one by characters, it takes place in the same area.  Book two is titled, A Woodland Miracle followed by book three, A Dream of Miracles.

I really like being able to sit back and read a good tale for hours without having to filter some aspects I read in other books.  I have been to the UP in Michigan and it is beautiful, and I am sure very cold as portrayed in the novel when winter comes.  The author doesn’t just focus on Amish, but writes a captivating tale that makes readers unable to put the book down.  I hope you enjoy her books too!

Disclosure of Material Connection:  I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”