Song of Silence

Pages:  320

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Abingdon

My rating is 5+ stars.

This is a very moving tale that won’t soon be forgotten by this reviewer.  This is a story about a woman who taught music only to lose her job 19 years later.  Readers will journey with her as she deals with the emotional ramifications. The program she ran was originally started by her father and now she feels as though she has failed him because of the closing of the program.

What follows after the introduction to the character Lucy, who was a music teacher, will keep audiences’ hearts gripped till the very end of the book.  I enjoyed the author’s portrayal of how Lucy and her husband Charlie each handle Lucy’s unemployment.  For me, I thought it was accurate to portray the longing of a woman’s heart for understanding from her mate and the times that fail to occur.  Poor Charlie kept attempting to try and restore the light in Lucy’s eyes and the passion in her heart, only to learn he couldn’t.

There are family dynamics that bring even more elements to the plot, along with interesting twists in the lives of some characters.  I saw a very realistic reflection of how life at times can throw many curves at us sometimes one right after another before can regain our balance.  Yet, through the story, we are reminded that while suffering is not pleasant or sought, deeper revelations of God plus what is a new season of life right around the corner were exceptional aspects of the novel.

I was enthralled from the moment I opened the book until I finished the last page.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this work of fiction is shared with others via friends and family.  I have a feeling many can relate to the situations crafted in the storyline.  So grab a chair and get ready to be touched deeply by the latest novel from this author’s pen; it’s a magnificent piece!