Stealing Jake

Pages:  384

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating is 5 stars.

The reason I love books is because they can take my mind on an adventure or build up my faith; they are more entertaining than any other form or venue of entertainment.  With a book, you can share with anyone over coffee or a coke.  Above all, anyone can pass down to the next generation a love of reading.  When I was a little girl, my Nana read westerns written by Louis L’Amour, Luke Short and others.  In fact, she read them more than once in her lifetime.  Now I have those books and I am adding my favorite stories and authors to my home library.

I read Stealing Jake in a day which tells you just how enjoyable the story is!  There is action, adventure, mystery, intrigue and faith with romance intertwined.  The greatest part of the story for me was seeing how characters learned that no matter what their pasts looked like, they were brand new creations when they turned to Christ!

As I read, it was a great reminder that all of us have a past and some of it we aren’t proud of, but God makes us brand new.  When we are brand new, we have our faces up and are looking forward while walking one step at a time leaning on Him.  The main female character, though in a new town and now a Christian, had a past she was afraid others would learn of and then reject her.  Jake, who is the town’s deputy among other jobs, had to face a fearful moment that paralyzed him.  Then he heard the Spirit speaking to his heart, giving him strength to conquer his fear, which allowed him to save lives.

For awhile it seemed the town and churches were ignoring the needs of children who were orphaned and had no hope.  Then, out of a dark trial that enveloped the town came hope, renewal, forgiveness and most of all a brighter future for the orphans.  Perhaps now you can take a moment to sit outside, watch the leaves change color, and read a wonderful tale!