A Fool and His Monet (A Serena Jones Mystery #1)

Title:  A Fool and His Monet (A Serena Jones Mystery #1)

Author:  Sandra Orchard

Pages:  336

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Revell

Serena Jones is an FBI Agent working in the art crimes area.  She has been an agent for about a year and still works closely with her mentor, Tanner.  Her best friend is in charge of security at the local art museum in St. Louis and makes a startling discovery.  Two paintings have gone missing from inventory, but no one knows just when the paintings were stolen.  Serena takes on the case and begins questioning all the museum employees.  She sets her eyes on a particular suspect and soon thereafter events begin to get more personal and escalate.

As her investigation leads her to a John Doe in a local morgue, she also is dealing with her mother and aunt who are trying to get her married off.  Tanner and the superintendent in her apartment building, Nate, are two potential suitors that Serena kind of likes, but isn’t interested in getting married right now.  She is focused on her job.  She also has the ever-present task she has assigned herself of finding her grandfather’s missing painting and the person who murdered him to get it.  That is why she became an agent.

This was an interesting mystery that I couldn’t put down.  From the clever title to likeable characters to an intriguing plot, this story is a winner!  I just loved Aunt Martha!  She was a great addition to the story for comedy relief.  She was well intentioned and actually had some good thoughts on Serena’s case every once in a while.  I liked that Serena was tough, but willing to accept help.  She is a loving daughter and values her family.  There is potential romance in the air that I hope develops more in book two that will be released this fall, so look here for my review.  This is a great start to a new series!!

My rating is 5 stars.