The Calling

Title:  The Calling (Seer Novel #2)

Author:  Rachelle Dekker

Pages:  441

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating is 5+ stars.

As I finished with book one titled, The Choosing, my heart was thumping and I thought if this is book one, what will book two be like?  I am not sure I have the words to really express the wonder of the spiritual truths woven in the story that will call you, even beg you to keep reading!  In this work of fiction, which is continued from book one, The Authority is still controlling a small segment of the remaining population in Washington D. C.  However, now there is a new leader of the group and he is a ruthless, demented man who will stop at nothing to capture whomever he views as a threat.

The further one progresses in the story, the higher the tension, suspense and wonder at thinking what more the author has in store for her readers.  The Seers keep trying to go and save those taken by force to be used for experimentation aimed at erasing memories.  More than that though is the hope to erase any memory a person has of Aaron and the hope of freedom he represents.

My heart at different parts of the story felt like it was coming out of my chest as danger was barreling down on a community that rebelled against The Authority who is seeking Aaron.  Just when I thought I knew how the plot was going to go, wham!  Rachelle Dekker throws a curve and definitely unexpected surprises that left me thinking, “I definitely didn’t see that coming!”

To anyone who reads The Seer series it is quite evident that Rachelle is answering her call as a writer.  While she is answering the call, I am sure she is depending on God to give her the story.  When Jesus spoke, he used everyday imagery to give a glimpse into the realm of heaven, into Who He is and His purpose for coming.  I guarantee you will love the books and appreciate the hard work put into crafting a story that speaks spiritual truth.  I won’t tell what truth for that is something each must discover for himself or herself as when you read it, you will know the Truth and be set free!