A Worthy Heart (Courage to Dream Series #2)

Title:  A Worthy Heart (Courage to Dream Series #2)

Author:  Susan Anne Mason

Pages:  400

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Bethany

My rating is 5+ stars.

When Irish Meadows the first book in the series was released, I read it with a voracious appetite!  Now, having just completed A Worthy Heart, I am not exactly sure what to write.  You see it really is so good and entertaining with suspense, mystery, faith and romance it defies my ability to write a review, but I will make an attempt.

There are two families that are central to the novel’s suspense and romance:  One family lives in America and the other family lives in Ireland.  In America, the Montgomery family has various business ventures that have obtained success, but not all is happy in their home.  In Ireland, the O’Leary family has Ryland now joined by his brother Gabriel and their sister Maggie.  Some of the O’Leary family has chosen to remain in Ireland.  There are hints that a war may be brewing with Ireland being pulled into the fracas by Britain as they are under British rule.

I loved how the author wove several characters’ personalities and their own lives with the bigger picture.  Each person in the two families has their own story to tell along with where their personal faith is or where it isn’t and for some we get to know why.  The society era the story is placed in is during a time when people married within their own social class, and the father had much to say about who his daughter could or couldn’t marry.

In the novel, there are troubles that stretch some characters’ faith that I am sure some real people can identify with today.  One theme that seemed most prevalent throughout the book was redemption and how in the characters’ settings some needed a second chance to prove how God had changed them.

I sure hope the author is planning more novels in the future whether for this series or something new as she can tell a good story with such realism that people are bound to be drawn into this fictional world.  Last but not least to mention in the books is the telling theme of how much higher, brighter and different God’s love is from any human being’s love.  Terrific and touching themes, characters and more await those who open the Courage to Dream series!