Burning Proof (Cold Case Justice #2)

Title:  Burning Proof (Cold Case Justice #2)

Author:  Janice Cantore

Pages:  400

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating is 5 stars.

The Cold Case Justice series begins with the novel, Drawing Fire where we are introduced to three main characters.  One is Detective Abby Hart who lost her parents in a fire that destroyed their restaurant.  Next meet a retired cop named Woody who is helping Abby get used to working at the level and intensity she does, along with teaching her his on-the-job wisdom.  Now meet Luke who is a private investigator, widower and a single father to a little girl named Maddie.

In the latest novel, we find all three characters working together at various times and for various reasons.  Like when Woody and Luke both sign up for the new federal task force dealing with cold cases.  Readers will also become engrossed in Abby’s conundrum as she is engaged to a missionary named Ethan, but finds her heart unsure whenever Luke is around.

Janice Cantore writes some of the best works of fiction because she expertly introduces a new twist in the plot that will keep readers guessing as they progress in the book!  There is more going on than what one might think as I learned when I read her stories.  She has a way of throwing uncertainty into a readers mind right when you thought you might figure out where the plot was going to end up.

A main theme is the series is learning to see how good God is when His answers aren’t as forthcoming to our prayers as we might want Him to be.  The author does a wonderful job of not giving “pat answers” to who God is or why He allows tough experiences to enter into someone’s life.  The characters that had to wrestle with these issues had to remember to draw near to God instead of pulling away.  The other lesson is remembering who He really is and firm up their understanding of Him by reading Hs Word.  Above all, the affected characters voiced their feelings, frustrations and questions.

I cannot wait for the next installment as I feel like I am hanging on to a great cliff hanger!  Join me by reading this series and Janice’s other works of fiction that are great suspense and thriller books!