On a Lone Star Trail

Title:  On the Lone Star Trail (Texas Crossroads #3)

Author:  Amanda Cabot

Pages:  368

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Revell

My rating is 5 stars.

With Western style romance, countryside, and some suspense, what do you have but an outstanding series!  Amanda Cabot brings a conclusion to the area and characters we met in the first book called, A Bluebonnet Lake followed by book two, In Firefly Valley.  In the conclusion to the stories, we meet once again Gillian Hodge who was at one time a concert pianist.  After her tragedy, change brought an end to the life she had known.  She returns back to her best friend, Kate, to find refuge and unconditional love.

On Gillian’s way to get to the retreat area, she witnesses a motorcycle accident.  When she finds the motorcyclist uninjured, Gillian offers a ride to TJ Benjamin.  The friendship begins to blossom into something more with TJ, but Gillian has been spending time with a local man running for mayor in a nearby town.  As I was further progressing into the novel, I was engaged so much because of the tension and personality differences between the two men vying for Gillian’s heart.

Most readers, if they read the prior two novels, will be reminded of Gillian’s heartbreak caused by an accident.  TJ is a man who has spent a year finishing his wife’s bucket list after she died and now must remain in the local area until his motorcycle can be repaired.  Gillian is pulled towards TJ because of his soft and compassionate nature whereas Mike from the nearby town wants to take Gillian back to a life she had once known.  He feels she deserves to live again.

There is so much more to the novel that I would love for you to discover as you curl up on your favorite chair and read the story for yourself.  At times I would have loved to grab either man and shake them for different reasons because Gillian was confused and unsure just where her life calling was since it no longer could be in music.  However, I believe Amanda Cabot did a fantastic job of building up the suspense, tension and the thrill of rejoicing at the end of the novel with Gillian’s life.

I hope you grab these three books and get lost for a while in a small town in Texas with characters that have real faith, problems, conflicts, prayers, and fun!