The 40 Day Prayer Challenge

Pages:  288

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Howard

My rating is 3 stars.

The book shares with readers the scientific results of people who pray together along with testimonies shared of answered prayer.  The prayer challenge can be between spouses, friends, family members or even co-workers.  Inside the book is shared how people need to speak it, believe it and those who do should expect to receive the answer to their prayer.

There are various Scripture portions shared on each of speaking, believing and receiving prayer points.  The challenge encourages people to speak their prayer out loud.  To the authors, it is the equivalent of causing the prayer to arrive to the Almighty quicker.  I do believe that prayer does affect us, change us and in some ways that can be documented and in others not so much.

I would suggest you have your Bile ready to read the verses in their contexts to make sure nothing is written that is out of the context of the noted verse or verses.  Remember, the only book God inspired is the Bible; therefore, it is the only God-breathed Word.  God uses man to write His Word for us today so let us be Bereans and check whoever and whenever we are taught something regardless of the how we receive the teaching.

While I appreciate the fact that the authors are really highlighting prayer between just two people and to see what God does, there is something I object to.  There is no Scripture that says if we pray a specific way over another there is more power or God pays closer attention.  I also know of no particular verse that says prayer is to be spoken out loud compared to speaking to God silently.

God will hear our prayers when we ask for our heart’s desire, believe He hears, and know you will get an answer.  Just be aware that sometimes the answer is “yes”, “no” or “wait”.  Remember we can come boldly before the throne, but not arrogantly demand from the Lord God to have our own way.  Submit to Him and let Him lead you, obey whatever He directs you to do or not do and leave the results in His hands.