Where She Belongs

Title:  Where She Belongs (Misty Willow #1)

Author:  Johnnie Alexander

Pages:  368

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Revell

My rating is 5+ stars.

All I can say is “I didn’t see this coming!”  There was more than romance in this story, such as history, legacy, faith, mystery and so much more!  I cannot even imagine what the next book in the series coming in the fall of 2016 will be like.  There are many options in the plot line the author can take readers.  The tale opens up with a young man named AJ leasing a part of some land including a home he never wanted in the first place.  When he first meets Shelby, all she can manage to do is keep her long held deeply felt feelings of anger towards his family contained.  Yes, a family feud that has gone on for decades, destroying many lives for decades with rippling effects that continue to the present.

AJ and Shelby go to the lawyer’s office to sign the paperwork.  The lawyer, Robert, is related to Shelby and he knows more than he is willing to tell a soul.  As the tale progresses so too does a mystery come to light and the pieces that are missing need to be uncovered.  Yet what is the cost to the local community if the truth ever comes out?

Johnnie Alexander weaves together a tale that is sure to keep you turning pages until the end of the book; it’s that good!  The two main characters, AJ and Shelby, are trying their best to just get along but then their lives become entwined because of past events, most of which they had no clue existed.  Like real people on one hand they did want the truth to come out, but on the other hand they didn’t even though they had no clue as to what really happened in the past.  Like real people the unknown was scary and at times seemed very intimidating, especially to Shelby.

The novel is so enjoyable, entertaining and heart-wrenching in places, but also so very hopeful!  I am so looking forward to more stories about these characters, their lives, futures and finding out what happens to a woman bent on revenge and more!  Join me in the journey to a place called Misty Willow.