Your Heart’s Desire

Pages:  192

Year:  2016

Publisher:  Center Street

My rating is 5 stars.

I fell in love with this author’s books when I read Love Gently Falling.  In her latest offering, the scene opens with a young widow at a train station getting ready with her young son to embark on a new adventure shortly after WWII concludes.  Caroline seeks to start fresh and not be known by others as a young widow providing for her son.

Caroline’s sister lives in California with her two children and husband who works as a driver for a chocolate manufacturer.  Caroline is able to live in the house of her sister Marjorie in the finished basement, though when she arrives Caroline sees how much work is to be done to make the space livable for her and her son Joe.  Caroline’s biggest challenge is to redo her whole wardrobe now that she no longer lives in Minnesota and having to make due with her current outfits.

I really enjoyed the romance that blossoms for this single woman along with the maturity her son Joe provides for other kids his age. Once again, I am reminded of the cost not just to those who served on the front lines, but to their families at home along with the children.

So choose an afternoon, grab an afghan and enjoy Your Heart’s Desire!