Deadly Christmas Secrets

Title:  Deadly Christmas Secrets (Mission:  Rescue)

Author:  Shirlee McCoy

Pages:  224

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense

My rating is 5 stars.

The main female character named Harper has withdrawn from a busy life after the murder of her sister and niece.  Harper purchases a nice cabin in the middle of nowhere and crafts pottery that becomes well known and sought after.  However, the name signed on the pottery could in no way lead anyone to her or so she thought.

One day an SUV pulls into her driveway and from that moment on Harper is on the run, being shot at, and doesn’t know who is the one responsible for threatening her life.  A new clue has popped up that seems to point to the fact that her niece is not dead, a hope that Harper has held onto since no body was ever found.

A man who shows up at her out-of-the-way cabin has unknowingly led the killers right to her front door.  Now, Logan must protect Harper while locating her niece and solving the cold case.  The closer they come to locating the niece, the higher the risk to Harper and those who are trying to protect her 24 hours a day.

Grab a blanket, a hot cup of chocolate and then spend a few hours feeling as if you are riding a rollercoaster as both solving the case and the budding romance between Lucas and Harper will take you for a ride.  I really enjoyed this story, finishing the book in record time.  These Love Inspired Suspense novels make a wonderful gift for the readers in your family or circle of friends!