Stand Off At Christmas (Alaskan Search & Rescue)

Title:  Stand Off At Christmas (Alaskan Search & Rescue)

Author:  Margaret Daley

Pages:  224

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Love Inspired Suspense

My rating is 5 stars.

Margaret Daley is a wonderful author whose novels I have found to be outstanding.  You can expect in this small novel to be drawn in by the unexpected murder of an aunt, local people being suspected of illegal drug activities and a developing romance between a K-9 Officer named Jake and Rachel who works in the fishery accounting office.

A couple of times throughout the book I had thought I discovered who was involved or masterminded the drug cartel’s activity in Port Aurora.  However, Margaret’s knack for throwing in false leads will keep the reader turning pages until the conclusion proved to lead me to follow some red herrings.  All the mystery begins when Rachel’s aunt calls her to come into work on her day off because she must talk to her immediately.  When Rachel arrives, her aunt seems to be scared and unwilling to open up about what is on her mind.

When Rachel is almost killed and then injured a couple of times, Nate becomes her protector whether she is willing to have one or not.  Unbeknownst to either character someone is watching them and is making it very hard to live life without constant danger riding on Rachel’s coattails.

Like other Love Inspired Suspense novels, the book is not too long, but the fictional tale inside will keep you reading until the culprit is revealed!