Sky Latern

Pages:  240

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Howard Books

My rating is 5 stars.

When I learned who the author was of Sky Lantern I knew I wanted to read it as Matt writes with lots of heart and soul.  I knew nothing about sky lanterns until I saw them in a few movies and my curiosity was sparked.  What is shared is a story of a young lady who lost her father to cancer and part of her way of expressing her heart was writing a simple note and sending it off on a lantern.

I believe that God, who is in control of all things, made sure the lantern came down in Matt’s yard.  He is a father of three daughters.  Matt places an open letter on his blog, hoping to connect with the girl who sent the lantern.  Anyone who wishes to read the letter that sets the adventure in motion can read it online.

What is so astounding is the number of people that were touched and encouraged when Matt set out to meet with the girl.  When you get the book, plan on being touched deeply in your soul, heart with possibly tears in your eyes.  Anyone who has lost a family member or friend or known someone who has will want to see what acts of kindness can do to peoples’ hearts and lives.  Along with that, I think the book shows the strong bond between parents and children and to nurture that relationship until the end of their life!  Seize the moment and make the most of the time God gives you to build trust, love, a godly legacy and good memories!