Faith of Our Fathers Movie review

Format: DVD

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Pure Flix Ent

My rating is 5+ stars.

Years ago a small scaled replica of the Vietnam Wall was traveling around the nation, vets who were with the Wall were able to be thanked by many for their service.  To see the equipment, pictures, flags, names on the Wall and other items was a very humbling experience.  When I learned about this film, I knew it would be a very touching movie.  One cannot help but see the names of those who gave their all engraved on the Wall and be changed.

At the time, these servicemen came back from the Vietnam War weren’t thanked or seen as heroes and knowing that was beyond my understanding.  Now that my sons are older, they thank anyone they see in any uniform for their service.  Those who weren’t touched so intimately by losing a father, uncle or having them come home perhaps as an amputee have really no idea how hard it was for the remaining surviving spouses and friends.  Sometimes that ignorance can lead us to be arrogant or ungrateful to God and those who served for what we richly enjoy these days.

When you watch this movie, you might tear up as I did or you might not.  Whether you do or don’t isn’t the point.  The point is how men reached out and shared the Gospel, the eternal hope even when it was mocked or made fun of just like people do today.  Yet, we cannot help but share the hope that is within us and teach the coming generations the cost people paid for our freedom in America, and Jesus paid so we can be reconciled to God.

In the Gospel of John, we are reminded:  “Greater love has no one than this:  to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”  Those who serve in the Armed Forces and in towns everywhere as EMT’s, police or firefighters should be thanked and shown the love God has for them.  Please consider how God may call you to support them and share God’s love for them with the message of the cross.

It is my sincerest desire that people watch the movie and share a copy with others.  Whomever God leads you to, may they come to understand the One who gave the greatest sacrifice before we even knew we needed a Savior.  God Bless.

Please thank those who have and do serve either in the Armed Forces or local emergency teams.