Beautiful Star of Bethleham

Title:  Beautiful Star of Bethlehem (A Christmas Novella)

Author:  Lori Copeland

Pages:  192

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Shiloh

My rating is 5+ stars.

What an exceptionally touching tale so relevant to the current issues of loving and caring for people with memory issues.  The main female character named Arlene has been married for years and is now on the way to meet her first grandchild with her husband.  Suddenly life takes a jolting, heart-ripping twist and life for Arlene and her family is forever altered.

Throughout the novella, Arlene has moments where she remembers events, people and her faith though sometimes the thoughts fade as quickly as they come.  Now, her sons and their families are under tremendous stress from grief and long term care for their mom.  Through the fuzzy moments come words of wisdom, love and care of a mother, friend and grandmother when crisis come to her attention.

Depending on your life experiences, the hope of this novella might really touch your heart deeply, and like me it might even remind you that through all of life God makes beauty from ashes.  Like the characters we might go through a myriad of emotions so intense we feel stress that we just cannot find a way to express.  However, at some point, we will see God’s hand has been with us throughout the whole season we just walked through.  When we come out, we aren’t the same people who went into the season of hardship, heartache or broken dreams, but our walk with the Lord will be so different, more real perhaps.

Stars shine brightest against a black background; God shines brightest and draws us near when we look to Him in the backdrop of our trails.  Thank you Lori for writing a very heartfelt story one and all need to read; they’ll never forget it that’s for sure!