Brandenburg

Author: Glenn Meade
Pages: 512
Year: 2013
Publisher: Howard
A year or so ago I read my first novel by this author titled, The Romanov Conspiracy, which had heart pounding suspense from start to finish. Thus began the journey. What journey am I speaking of? The journey to learn more about this author as well as to read his other published works. I am constantly reminded of how good works of fiction are really never outdated as new generations of readers come across these stories that intrigued others. So, when I was granted an opportunity to read this updated work, originally published in the mid-1990s, how could I say no? I wanted to curl up with the book and see if this was as thrilling as the one I mentioned above, and I was not disappointed.
The plot has many characters crisscrossing the continents of Europe and South America in an attempt to fully uncover a mystery. It comes when the nations are in turmoil in many ways. A plan laid many decades previously is about to come to fruition. A British intelligence officer, a journalist, and a terrorist are three main characters that start the adventure in Brandenburg. Then, as each page is turned, more characters are introduced or eliminated from the story as the plot deepens. The depth is such that the reader is enmeshed in darkness seeing no light, so the ending is a riveting action-filled thriller. When I finished the novel, I was awed with the gift of telling such a tale at the length, breadth and depth that Glenn Meade wrote years back. At the end of the novel, there is A Reading Group Guide, A Conversation with Glenn Meade and a taste of his thriller The Second Messiah. This novel is already published and I look forward to continue reading it soon, so stand by for the review in the near future.
Brandenburg has more going on than the subtitle, “The Fourth Reich”, lets on. In fact, the storyline at the end leaves room to hope for a sequel as far as I am concerned. One thing the novel reminded me of was that we should never think the unthinkable of the past will never occur again. I also thought of the many people each nation entrusts to keep their citizens safe; the many brave people on the front lines we may never know, who pay the ultimate sacrifice so that we will never know the horror we have escaped.
Lastly, I thought too that just because a prior generation had an aversion to a specific people or nation doesn’t mean the following generations must. We all have choices as to whether we are going to stay alert, stand firm and stand guard each and every day against the evil that seeks to undermine the very fabric of a nation. May God help us to pray fervently as well as daily for our leaders at every level and those who place their lives on the line everywhere to know how to thwart the plans of the enemy.
My rating is 5+ stars.
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/. Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457