Unseen

Title: Unseen (formerly published as Blind Sight by Tyndale)
Author: James Pence
Pages: 400
Year: 2014
Publisher: Mountainview Books
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Unseen-James-Pence/dp/1941291007/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1
During a casual dinner conversation with my girlfriend, we perused various book seller sites looking for novels. When we came across Unseen, reading the synopsis, we looked at each other and knew this was one to add to our list of must reads! Recently, on FaceBook, I came across the publisher, sent a message to the company and the rest is history. Now, here it is the early morning hours of a Sunday, the novel has been completely read, thoroughly enjoyed and now I hope to entice you to read it too!
The world over has seen many cults spring up and many of them have been found to be dangerous. Such is the setting for the novel where a couple of people from various backgrounds begin to walk a path that leads to unforeseen destruction. The organization looks like it is focused on caring for the environment and the poor, but peel back the layers and one would soon discover the diabolical setup. The organization’s goal is to rule the world and anyone who got in the way was “converted”. The fictional work James Pence wrote is on one hand entertaining; yet, on another it sadly reflects those duped by these leaders who want total control.
Thomas Kent is hiding on his land, but not because the organization is seeking to “convert” him; he just exists from day-to-day. When he receives an email followed by with a voicemail from Peter, a friend from his college days, Peter pleads with him for one thing, “to save his children”. Kent remembers a code they created in college and that sends him into life-threatening action. Unknowingly, that one request sends Thomas to face the one shameful act he has been trying to avoid facing for years.
Now, if I tell you too much, it might ruin the tension-building climax and the astounding ending to this face-paced novel. I couldn’t put the book down because of the constant twists and turns the plot contained that will grip any reader’s attention! The many diverse players in the novel and the nonstop action, suspense and thrill make it so compelling to keep turning pages until late into the night! I hope you take time to enjoy this thrilling novel!
My rating is 5 stars.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457