Dreaming on Daisies

Title: Dreaming on Daisies (Love Blossoms in Oregon Series Book #3)
Author: Miralee Ferrell
Pages: 384
Year: 2014
Publisher: David C. Cook
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Dreaming-Daisies-Novel-Blossoms-Oregon/dp/0781408105/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1414576616&sr=1-1&keywords=dreaming+on+daisies+by+miralee+ferrell
I found it interesting that the author began collecting Zane Grey novels, which I am familiar with through my Nana collecting Louis L’Amour novels, when she was a teenager. One way to look at this was how one author impacted and inspired another author a generation later. Also, being familiar with how westerns were and are written and doing her research has allowed Miralee to write very compelling tales. The other books in the series are Blowing on Dandelions, Wishing on Buttercups, Forget Me Not (novella) and ending with Dreaming on Daisies.
Miralee is also a counselor who includes some of the issues she has helped others cope with and work through in developing her female character. Out of all the novels in this series this one seemed to be the best of the best. The characters were challenged in their faith, wrestled through some tough issues with the themes of hope, forgiveness and restoration brilliantly apparent. Not only is the truth about how adults are faced with paced mistakes revealed, still growing in their faith and learning how to have close connections with their adult offspring is also portrayed.
I felt the intensity of the novel very gripping of both my heart and mind. At times I could feel myself cracking a smile and then imagining the pain of certain characters in various scenes of the tale. While it is true that one could read this novel as a standalone, I think the audience would garner a much deeper appreciation if all the books were read in order. Either way Marilee has done a fantastic job of seeing both the human life and the spiritual life too. The raw emotion depicted in different parts of the tale helps lend credibility, I believe, to how God works in the midst of our pain or sorrows.
Kudos to the author for sharing an inspiring novel with us once again!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457