Deadlock

Title:  Deadlock (FBI: Houston #3)

Author:  Di Ann Mills

Pages:  416

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Tyndale

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

What do you have when adding a pinch of work and mix it with family issues, murder and intrigue? Another suspense driven FBI case that will keep readers turning pages until the conclusion!  Thatcher is the experienced FBI agent who is paired up with Bethany from another FBI division.  From the start there are sparks because their methods of solving a case are as vastly different as are their personalities.

The stage is set when different people from the Houston area are killed.  The solving of the case is complicated.  Thatcher and Bethany are learning how each work a case along with sharing some of their past and present.  As time goes on, both FBI agents become targets of a killer they have yet to identify.  There is also a hint of a budding romance that goes against some FBI regulations.

The other two novels in the series are Firewall and Double Cross.  Personally, I am always on the watch for a new novel by Diann Mills as her stories are captivating and tension building.  The characters crafted by the author are very realistic and it’s easy to visualize the actions in the book which brings readers like me coming back for more!

One thing I like too is the chapters are short, which makes the action go faster so there is never a dull moment!  It reminds me of rollercoaster rises in that you have to be strapped in securely, but at least there is no motion sickness when I read!  I love the crime and law enforcement type of stories.  I commend those who place their lives on the line every moment so we can live safely.  I like trying to figure out who the mastermind is behind the scenes usually pulling the strings, but Diann is really good at keeping the answer at bay.

Grab a book then settle in for an adventure!