Ask Anna

Pages:  96

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Center Street

My rating is 5 stars.

People usually love animals.  There are always those who want cats only or dogs only and occasionally you find a home with both.  I grew up with dogs and now have a cat, who has adopted us.  So when the book came up for review, I just knew I had to read it!  I laughed a lot.  Anna is like the canine equivalent of a Dear Abby, except for dogs.

The imagination it takes to have pictures of various dogs writing to Anna who is a golden retriever was brilliant!  The problems these various canines have and some of Anna’s answers made me just laugh my head off!  There was one where a dog wrote about what a cat was saying and Anna’s answer was just classic!  Though the book is not very thick, I think a lot of folks will get a kick out of how Anna answers her readers as well as appreciate the pictures of the many different types of dogs included.  Those where Anna is posed are precious.

I love dogs and I do like the cat that adopted us.  What about you?  Are you a lover of animals or prefer cats over dogs or the other way around?  No matter your preference, laughter is good medicine and this book brings it out, especially if read aloud with friends or family.