Andi Unstoppable

Title:  Andi Unstoppable (An Andi Boggs Novel)

Author:  Amanda Flower

Pages:  176

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Zonderkidz

My rating is 5 stars.

There are two other books in this wonderful series with the main characters Andi and Colin one is Andi Unstoppable followed by Andi Under Pressure. The author’s aim is for the audience between ages 8-12 although these novels can be enjoyed by adults too.  I loved that Andi and Colin are best friends and know each other so well even when they don’t share their thoughts.

In this story, we have a school assignment for Andi and Colin’s science class that turns out to be a lot more than just trying to locate and document birds over the weekend.  Colin’s aunt has shown up and being a bird enthusiast offers to take the kids for the weekend to the park and help them with their assignment.  While sitting around a campfire with other campers, a tale is told of local folklore regarding a ghost that haunts the woods from the Civil War era.

What makes the novel so intriguing is the depth of the tale, characters and surprise twists that draw the audience’s attention as the story deepens.  I love how some adults are definitely good role models and others aren’t in the novel.  I love too how the hearts of these middle graders are touched when they learn about the heartache a classmate is struggling to cope with daily.  All three books by this author would make excellent gifts to encourage reading in any family or friend!

With all the books being offered today to this age range and some of them not good; it is nice to see an author write to bring a wholesome and godly message!