Firefly Summer

Pages:  208

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Hometown Romance

My rating is 5+ stars.

Let me just express from the get go that this novel holds more heartfelt emotions that I am not quite sure how to express!  Novels that contain romance as the major theme usually can be found for a dime a dozen.  Here though is a very unique tale that brings hope, faith, and love from deep within the heart of the reader right from the opening scene till the very end.

This is a tale of tragedy, pain, loss, surprises and uncertainty to a place where God heals, restores and rebuilds the lives of the major characters in the book.  Here is tale of a mother’s heart and prayers, hopes and dreams that end in a way that would cause a depth of pain beyond expression.  Later we see God walk through the dark days with the mother to the other side where hope shines bright and faith blooms.

I don’t want to say too much for fear of ruining it for other readers.  Yet one thing is very clear, this novel needs to be read and shared.  I came away with renewed hope and faith that God may answer my prayers differently than I hoped, but has never left me to face each day alone.  I think the author did a stupendous job of reflecting the reality for some of humanity and the joy He can pour into hearts once broken apart!

Firefly Summer is one of my favorites for 2015 and I hope you will agree once you read the book for yourself.  Then perhaps bring some friends together for pie and coffee to talk about an outstanding and well-crafted piece of work!