Awakening

Title: Awakening
Author: Tracy Higley
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Tracy-Higley/dp/0990600505/ref=sr_1_2_bnp_1_pap?ie=UTF8&qid=1406768301&sr=8-2&keywords=tracy+higley
Pages: 366
Year: 2014
Publisher: Stonewater Press
Fabulous! Readers will quickly become engaged in the story of a young woman name Kallie who has worked hard to earn a position at a museum with her specialty in Minoan history. Judith, her boss, is a woman who pushes Kallie to become more than just a woman who hides behind her desk. Add in the mysterious male character of Demitri who asks her to go on a trip searching for a relic that might unlock the language of ancient peoples.
Kallie has been seeing a psychiatrist because of her blackouts and her repressed past, which at times causes problems in her life. When Kallie begins to journal, she writes a story from the perspective of a character she has named Chloe who lived with her family as a princess on an ancient island. This is such an engaging tale that includes questions of faith, seeking to understand oneself and romance. Danger is always lurking around the corner as Kallie travels with a team of people that Demitri has organized.
The audience will read of many travels to various places around the globe, interacting in dangerous liaisons all for the search of a relic. At times, lives are in peril and at other times there is a faint feeling of being watched, but for what purpose? When I began the book, it took me a chapter or two to capture the idea how the tale was going to go when I have been used to Tracy’s Biblical/Historical novels. Awakening is vastly different from those and quite refreshing.
There are moments I am read of the adventure in the present time with a glance into the past. I wondered who the villain in the story was and would they be caught in time to prevent loss of life. When a friend and I first heard of the novel and when I realized it was going to be published differently, we couldn’t wait until the book was ready. One of the biggest blessings for us was to know Tracy was releasing both the hard copy and electronic copy on the same day. We usually have to wait for some time to pass between published works electronically before they become available in print. I hope Tracy takes this path again in publishing her works, because not everyone can or does want to read a book as an eBook.
Thanks for this awesome adventure Tracy; it was beyond all my hopes or expectations!
My rating is 5 stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457