Eve

Pages:  320

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Howard Books

My rating is 5+ stars.

When I started the novel, I wasn’t sure what the purpose of the novel was nor what direction the author would lead readers.  The novel to me is reminiscent of C. S. Lewis’ work Chronicles of Narnia with a touch of mystery, biblical people and ending with a finish that just steals the heart of the reader!

I don’t know about other people, but I read a lot of books in a year.  Most of them are enjoyable to read and then I share them with a girlfriend.  Eve is like a cinematic movie that calls to reader’s heart and imagination that defies description.  There is a touch of science fiction along with such creativity when describing scenes or the numerous characters.  I couldn’t put the novel down for long because I wanted to not just read the whole novel, but also experience the spiritual side that is a huge part of the work.

Not many authors can engage the reader from page one until the end, but God certainly gifted this author to share an amazingly well-crafted novel.  If you know people who don’t want to read the Bible or aren’t open to spiritual discussions, this is a novel they just might find themselves enjoying.  Some of the characters in the story aren’t real, but no less captivating.  I thought I even knew who the evil character was in the book, but I didn’t and towards the end of the book it became apparent there was more depth to the story than I thought.

Eve brings to the forefront the undying love of God for people, all people.  There is also the telling of the many choices we must make throughout our lives to draw near to God or walk away.  Yet God never has ceased to call to us, woo us or open His heart to us.  All we do is choose Him above all the other things we think will satisfy, but don’t even come close.  At the end of our lives, we will simply leave behind a broken world and empty shell to enter into the very Presence that we’ll never want to leave, ever!

Read Eve and share it with those to whom God leads you.  You will probably be surprised by the reactions of anyone with whom you share the novel.  Have a ball reading and entering a tale that will engage every part of your being.  You won’t soon forget this book!