A. D. 30

Author: Ted Dekker
Pages: 432
Year: 2014
Publisher: Center Street
When I opened the book and read “My Journey into A. D. 30” written by the author, I have to say my heart resonated with what he wrote. Ted Dekker writes very transparently in this section. Let me give you a sample to help you capture the heart set forth, “For ten years I dreamed of entering the life of Jesus through story, not as a Jew familiar with the customs of the day, but as an outsider, because we are all outsiders today. I wanted to know what He taught about how we should live; how we might rise above all the struggles that we all face in this life, not just in the next life after we die.” (pg V) Well, how did that just impact you?
Readers who are familiar with the writing of Dekker might be surprised when discovering a very unique writing that is unlike what the author has shared before. As a reviewer it is difficult to even know how to capture how the story touched my heart, emotions and mind. Truly I am at a loss for words, but in a good way! As I viewed the tale through the eyes of the main character named Maviah in ancient times and a vastly different culture, it captivated me even more due to the way she experiences life along with her meeting Yeshua.
No matter how long one is a follower of Jesus, also known as Yeshua, this story will hopefully introduce you to a refreshing way of being a follower along with a few of his teachings. I could understand how a couple of side players weren’t sure about the man or mystic as they understood Yeshua, and how easily His teachings are far grandeur than the box we tend to put them in. Ted Dekker reminds us that no matter whom we are, our job titles, where we live, etc… when it comes right down to it, we are all seeking Him. Nothing in this life can even compare to what awaits us in heaven as well as how we live each day drawing close to Yeshua. The novel reminds us that all the apps, journals, gadgets, books, etc… are but a tool to help us or remind us that we are encountering a Person not just reaching a goal or crossing off our reminders to read the Bible on our To Do Lists. Even then we need the Spirit to lead us or draw us to Him in a way that defies description or anything else man might conjure up. When you sit and read this story after reading Ted’s heart in the “My Journey into A. D. 30”, I hope you experience a refreshing encounter with Yeshua!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457