The Proposal at Siesta Key (The Pinecraft Brides #2)

Title:  The Proposal at Siesta Key (The Pinecraft Brides #2)

Author:  Shelley Shepard Gray

Pages:  288

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Avon Inspire

My rating is 5 stars.

We are introduced to characters in the first book titled, The Promise of Palm Grove along with a wonderful B & B.  The setting is sunny Florida in the small town of Pinecraft that is close to the ocean along with a wonderful, close knit, Amish community.  The Orange Blossom B & B is operated daily by Beverly.  Recently she hired a young lady named Penny Troyer to care for Michael Know while he recoups after surgery.

Trouble begins to brew when Beverley’s unhealed heart is hurt when she thinks she views an improper moment between Michael and Rachael.  Now, after taking time to pray, she is confronted by the owner, Eric, as he learns about owning this business he inherited.  On top of this, Tricia comes to surprise her Aunt Beverly, running away from an embarrassing situation at home.

There is romance blooming with a new set of young people in the community and there really isn’t much reference to the characters readers met in book one.  I was a little disappointed by that as I came to enjoy them in the first story.  There is a third book that I will be reading titled, A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn by the same author.  Perhaps the characters not written into the second book will show up more in book three.  Either way I know I laughed a lot while reading this tale because of the way one guest of the inn was expressing how she viewed Florida.

Please consider reading the books written by Shelley Shepard Gray as they are highly entertaining, faith filled and have moments of climax with tension that make for an enjoyable afternoon of getting lost in the fictional town of Pinecraft!