The 13: Fall

Author: Robbie Cheuvront & Erik Reed
Pages: 320
Year: 2012
Publisher: Barbour
Usually when I write a review it is fresh from having just finished reading the book. Here is a novel that defies any certain description; it is packed with the message of Jesus plus themes, characters, etc… I can tell you that this book is riveting with a whopper of a storyline. You’ll have to decide for yourself what that is by reading this book.
The geography in this novel is global though most action takes place in Dubai, the Unites States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. The protagonists are from all the countries mentioned; the antagonists come from the same regions too. There are believers who are weak in the faith and must choose what to do now that the unthinkable has happened. Some of the believers are reaching out and speaking unashamedly about the need to repent, seeking God with all their hearts.
As a teaser, the novel has a lot of action, adventure, spies, assassins, and those who commit treason. All agencies of the Armed Forces are represented in this novel as the President has been receiving messages from a source known only as the Prophet. The Prophet has been telling the President he must call the United States to repentance before the Lord unleashes his chastisement. The President is a strong believer who knows God has called him to lead this great nation, but is the Prophet for real or something else?
Different characters in the Executive Branch are supposed to be working together to help America, but there is one woman in a position of extreme trust who is about to be found out. She has been doing the unthinkable. An FBI specialist named Megan is a computer genius and she has been more help in tracking down those doing evil than anyone is aware of. Jon works for the CIA. His military record is exemplary, but he is so angry at God that all he wants to do is catch the Prophet, not looking at the bigger picture let alone acknowledging God. Boz was in the armed forces before retiring and becoming a pastor, and he is a very close friend to the President. Boz knows more about the other people he is working with then they themselves know.
Now there is a more imminent threat that the United States cannot handle alone. Other foreign nations want no part in helping the United States in their hour of need for fear that the enemy will then unleash unrelenting evil on them. So what happens to the government, the people, and those who serve America when all Hades breaks loose? I can’t tell you anymore. You are going to have to grab a copy and read this excellent work of fiction. Plan to sit and read as the story reaches out from the pages and pulls you in. The chapters are short, which makes it easy to put it down if you have to, but you aren’t going to want to! Wow, enjoy the adventure when you read!
My rating is 5+ stars!
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457