Last Chance Hero

Title:  Last Chance Hero (A Place to Call Home #4)

Author:  Cathleen Armstrong

Pages:  288

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Revell

My rating is 5 stars out of 5.

This series begins with a novel titled, Welcome to Last Chance, followed by One More Last Chance, then continues with At Home in Last Chance.  In each novel, there are down home characters who find what their heart is searching for through interaction with eclectic town’s people.  Each novel focuses on a main person who is usually new to the town and learning how vastly different a small town is compared to bigger towns or city life.  Some aspects of small town living are endearing and others can seem somewhat frustrating to the newbie’s in town.

Here we meet a man named Andy who came back home to coach the local high school football team he played on years ago.  Readers are also introduced to a new doctor, Dr. Jess, who will be practicing in Last Chance.  She is a very driven woman who has no clue what some home town quirks are nor does she know what to make of Andy when she first meets him.  Andy and Jess come from two totally different home life backgrounds and that brings sparks along with misunderstandings to the budding friendship.

I have read each of the novels in this series, thoroughly getting lost in the pages until the very end of the book.  The characters seem down home and at times like a reflection of real life and real people who deal with some real heart issues.  However, these players also want to rejoice in God, enjoy dinner together at a restaurant or a table and even when reunions occur during homecoming week they share fun and laughter.

I sure hope there are more stories to come in this series.  I plan on collecting the series and keeping them in my home library to read again in the near future or share with a friend.  It’s very enjoyable to sit down and read a book knowing the author has done a masterful job of creating an imaginary world where readers can lose themselves in for a short time.  There are also many references to faith and what living our faith before others might look like whether the times are good or bad.  So join me in reading A Place to Call Home series; you’ll simply love the books!