Men of Valor #1: Buried Secrets

Title:  Buried Secrets (A Man of Valor Series #1)

Author:  Irene Hannon

Website:  http://www.irenehannon.com/

Pages:  384

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Revell

My Rating:  5 stars

Irene Hannon has written a masterpiece of suspense, mystery, romance and more!  From start to finish readers will become so engrossed in the story that to pause will be undesirable.  I read a couple of her other series and knew as soon as I saw her new series was being published my heart was rejoicing for the opportunity to grab a great work of fiction.

Mac is a detective with the county pulled in to help the local Chief of Police to solve a crime from decades past, but he was ill prepared to meet the woman, Lisa Grant, as the chief!  Mac’s friend from former service days had forgotten to mention this tiny bit of information to Mac who then landed in a heap of trouble when he first came upon the scene.

The methodical way that the criminals committed the murder as well as cold and calculating will ramp the heart beat of the audience.  As the detective and chief begin to uncover clues in an attempt to solve the new case, they also begin to realize the intense feelings they have for each other.  Even when he learns Lisa is a diabetic and about her past experience as a Chicago police officer coming through the ranks to detective, Mac cannot help but admire her as a professional and as a woman.  When Lisa begins to know more of Mac’s prior service in the military and what caused him to leave, she too cannot help but feel drawn to him even with the pressure of their jobs.

I am glad to know Irene has plans for another book coming out in spring of 2016, but the wait is the hardest between novels!  Yet so worth reading another breath-taking, heart-ramping and page-turning adventure!  So for those who are familiar with Irene’s work or new to her books, I guarantee you are going to love reading her stories and sharing them with family and friends!