Empires End

Author:  Jerry B. Jenkins

Pages:  336

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Worthy

My rating is 5+ stars out of 5.

Anyone who is familiar with the Bible will enjoy reading a novelization of the man Paul and his life.  Those who haven’t read the Bible may find this novel of vast interest and willing to be open to the Gospel that is clearly shared multiple times in the book.  What I really enjoyed was how it made Paul seem that he was a man to whom God spoke and through whom He gave us portions of the written Word we have in the New Testament today.

It was curious to consider what pain, suffering, longings, joys and trails he lived through and with while traveling all across the land.  The variety of people he spoke to who both accepted his message and those who wanted nothing to do with the offer of salvation, especially through Paul’s speaking.  In the novel, it reminded me of how human Paul was and to not place him upon a pedestal, but to worship God alone.

The book begins and continues to draw readers in by making the reality of the message of God through Paul very believable.  Spread throughout the novel is Scripture and it is shown to be as natural as any other story to be shared with anyone we may come across.

Jerry Jenkins brings the ancient world to life and people to us fresh from the past to examine and consider the work God has done in and through their lives.  To think of how God spoke to Paul and trained him for the work He was calling him to, taking the Gospel to the Gentiles.  The cost to Paul we tend to forget, and this tale gives us pause to consider that anyone who takes up his cross and follows the Lord will pay a cost throughout their lives.

Empire’s End is a great read and frankly if you know of someone unwilling to read the Bible, this novel is a great way to evangelize them.  So grab a copy for your own personal library and maybe one or two to prayerfully give to those whom the Lord lays on your heart.