A Heart's Promise

Title:  A Heart’s Promise (A Journey of the Heart Series #5)

Author:  Colleen Coble

Pages:  112

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

The climax in the story of life in the wilderness in the late 1800’s is simply spell-binding!  We find a nemesis or two from earlier installments making reappearances with nothing in mind but destroying the future plans of another lady and cavalry officer.  Emmie is the central female character in this book as she now lives with her past secret from her friends in fear of rejection.

We also see how life is for Sarah and Rand who along with Jacob and his very pregnant wife Amelia.  There is also a surprise for readers who thought an earlier character was written into the fading sun, but appears here with a gift in tow.  Next month the final installment in “A Journey of the Heart” series will be released and we’ll get to read the exciting conclusion to the characters, setting and tale we’ve come to love.