Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Author:  Beth K. Vogt

Pages:  368

Year:  2015

Publisher:  Howard

My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.

“No man is an island” and for that matter neither is a woman.  In this book, you’ll discover the richness relationships can bring and the pain too.  At the beginning of each chapter is a quote, some of which will truly tug your heart maybe causing you to pause before reading further as happened with me.

I started the book on a late afternoon and read till the very end early in the morning hours.  What types of stories keep you reading?  Sometimes for me it’s the draw of a favorite author, or wondering what story lies behind the cover, or maybe even a continuation of a pervious novel published.  I am not sure that I can pinpoint one reason for staying up reading till the last page in Crazy Little Thing Called Love other than it was magnetic.

The main two characters rush off during their high school spring break to get married on the spur of the moment.  Then readers find out that not too long afterwards they get a divorce.  What is so appealing is the journey we read of these two people who are drawn to each other almost a decade later and the surprise they find of that truth after no communication in many years.

The ending will really grab your heart as the message is extremely powerful.  I continue to discover this author’s gift of telling a romantic tale that delves deeper into the heart of human beings.  I loved how forgiveness was a strong theme and learning to turn back to God when a couple of the characters learned they had strayed.

Best of all is the truth shared that any relationship takes work be that in granting forgiveness, showing mercy, prayer, or pursuing the heart of God or another person.  The other person may be a family member, friend, acquaintance, spouse, or neighbor.  Whoever it is a commitment to God comes first in order for any human relationship to grow.  Love is a crazy thing; we never know when it might be shown right there in front of our face.  I wouldn’t miss the journey for anything!